Bye bye 2018

Just like that, it's New Year's Eve. I have a few products to talk about before I look back on the year beauty-wise.

I didn't mention this face mask in my previous Body Shop post because I had bought it as a present for my sister-in-law. Obviously I operated on the principle, one for her, one for me. 

This Drops of Youth mask is marketed as bouncy. It's hard to explain the texture, it's very slippery and you have to dig in. I am here to tell you that it's Very Good Indeed. I don't use it as a mask, which implies you rinse it off, I slap it on and go to bed. One wakes up looking all dewy. Honestly, it works a treat. You can feel it doing you good as you apply it. Do yourself a favour and check it out.

My sister gave me this for Christmas.

Bjork and Berries Dark Rain body wash. I am not exaggerating when I say it smells like heaven. It's delicious and I have been using as a bubble bath in my bathroom of joy. 

Looking back on 2018, it's the year I concentrated on haircare. The Grow Gorgeous Cleaning Conditioner was a revelation although I am not using it now it's winter. For me, it's a summer product and a life saver on holidays. I've loved my Function of Beauty shampoo and conditioner and can't wait to finish my original order so I can try another scent. Kristen Ess needs to come to the UK at a reasonable price. Or I need to go back to the US to stock up.

I also hit Beauty Pie hard. I've said this a few times on here but the serums are incredibly good value. The eyeliners are great too. I have more products to review over the coming weeks. 

I've invested in regular facials and as a result, I barely wear foundation which was what I was after. The Bobbi Brown serum concealer has become my new BFF.

I learned that too much shellac is not a good thing and that you do need to wait two weeks before having it removed. My nails spent the autumn in rehab with the help of Sally Hansen Gel Rehab and Moisture Rehab.



The Moisture Rehab is so good that I now have about six bottles of it so I always have it to hand. It soaks into cuticles with no grease. 

Thank you for reading and happy 2019!




2 comments:

Jenni said...

Wonderful review. Thank you. I will investigate the Moisture Rehab. I've been using an OPI nail nourishing thingy-me-bob and also have several bottles around so I pop it on at least 3 times a day. But it's more of a coat rather than a treatment. And doesn't treat cuticles. Also, I'm now one month into the REN AHA cleanser. I really do like it. I don't think it's a like for like swap to my beloved Zelens, but it does enough. On days when my skin needs a good AHA and BHA combo, I'm using this along with Paula's Choice and it feels very good. So thank you very much for the recc!

Cover Girl said...

Hi Jenni. I like Ready Steady Glow by REN and use it most days - I have Zelens pads but use them 1-2 times a week. And I only ever buy them with 20% off at Cult Beauty. I have much to report in future posts. x

Eyelash serums and other excitement

It's been a while hasn't it? I'd like to say it's because I have found all my desert island products and have nothing new to...