The joys of Sephora


Yesterday I had a few hours to kill in Manhattan before my flight. I know, what a drag eh? As I was only there a few weeks ago, I didn't feel the need to buy clothes. So I had a very nice mani/pedi and then wandered into the mothership known as Sephora.

Sephora opened in the UK a few years ago but didn't survive. It's such a shame as it's easily the best beauty shop in the world. If I was locked in Sephora for 24 hours, I'd be fine with that and not get even remotely bored. The one in Times Square is huge, it has a brow bar, it has its own DJ, it's full of teenage girls in Ugg boots. In short, it is heaven.

So I spent an hour in there looking at stuff. What I love about Sephora is no sales people bother you and ask if you want any help. You can play with all the high-end brands in complete peace. It's beautifully laid out and it is the ultimate beauty shopping experience.

So, what did I get? First up, some Tweezerman Tweezers, you can never have enough and when they are polka dots, well, who can resist?


Then, mindful of the flight coming up and any excuse to buy a primer, I bought this little set. Fresh is a popular brand stateside. I am very impressed with the illuminator part of this.


You can never have enough hand cream especially when Bliss makes it and it only costs $8.

And how cool is this? A teeny bag full of emergency repair kit. Full list can be seen on the link. For $13? Only a fool would walk away without it. I got it in gold. I might give this as a present,  it is such a cute idea.


I actually think I was quite restrained. The challenge in Sephora is not going mad but I'd love to win a supermarket sweep in there. I was very interested in the Nars Orgasm nail varnish but figured I had bought enough varnish for one week and left it there but it's a great colour. Maybe next time...

5 comments:

MissDisco said...

Oh my, I love love love the emergency kit bag. Seriously, how great is that? I hope that they have a Sephora in Austin as obviously there is some serious beauty needs shopping to be done

Cover Girl said...

The joys of Google tell me there is.

MissDisco said...

Wahoo!

Jenni said...

I am VERY interested to see the Nars Orgasm nail varnish... ooh, the possibilities!

Cover Girl said...

I know Jenni! Next time...

Eyelash serums and other excitement

It's been a while hasn't it? I'd like to say it's because I have found all my desert island products and have nothing new to...