Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura


Last night I met a friend for cocktails in Selfridges. We had a very strange evening in which I became friends with a lady sitting next to us (we're now Facebook buddies!) and we were given bread and butter without plates or knives. The margaritas were good and after a couple of them we said our farewells and I headed to the beauty hall as I needed a new primer.

Lesson number one: if you are a beauty addict, it's probably best not to shop when you have a few drinks under your belt.

Lesson number two: if you don't like aggressive beauty counter ladies and feel intimidated by them, then go at 8.30pm on a cold November evening. They really couldn't be bothered to sell me anything which was fine by me. It was beauty shopping as beauty shopping should be, me browsing and them waving at me with tired smiles.

I got a primer (Laura Mercier, I'll report back in due course) and then my eye caught the Shu Uemura counter. I had read that Karl Lagerfeld was collaborating with Shu Uemura and oh my word. It's so beautiful. Did you know Karl sketches using Shu Uemura eyeshadows and pencils? That right there is why I love Karl. Wouldn't you do the same if you created Chanel? I know I would.

Naturally my eye was caught by the shadow palettes. Look!

It's simply divine. However, even in my inebriated state, I realised I simply could not justify yet more eye make-up so instead I bought the cleansing oil. I've always wanted to try the Shu Uemura cleansing oil so I felt this was entirely a sensible purchase.


It's so pretty! It's also really good. The lady demonstrated it on the back of my hand (which wasn't necessary, I was so going to buy it based on the little black tie on the bottle) and it's soft and lovely. I can hardly bear to tell you how much it was. Ok, it was £57 but it should last a year. Ahem. It's now sitting proudly in my bathroom. Also, very generous samples  which is something else they give you more of at the end of the day.

I guess we should all be grateful I didn't wander tipsy into the Vivienne Westwood concession. In fact, when I look at it that way, I saved money! Yay.



No comments:

Eyelash serums and other excitement

It's been a while hasn't it? I'd like to say it's because I have found all my desert island products and have nothing new to...