New bathroom #2


When you're a beauty obsessive, you need a good bathroom. I've been waiting to renovate our main bathroom for five long years. Finally, in October, it happened. Not without drama, we had leaks into the kitchen a fitter who had a heart attack, a basin with a hole in it (not where it was meant to be), and my normally stoic project manager was heard cursing and saying, what is it about THIS house?

An excellent question and I wish I knew. If something can go wrong, it will. Followed by 20 other things. But now I have my bathroom of heavenly delights. We ripped out the bath because after all, I have my bathing boudoir now. So, it's a shower room. It's really hard to plan a bathroom no matter how much you pore over Instagram and interiors blogs. I planned this all myself and am now considering a new career. But it took me months of looking at plans, researching shower trays, tiles, basin fittings etc. Basically I find myself with free evenings and at a loose end because this was what I did with 80% of my spare time.


The fun and reward is in the details. Picking out the bathmat (made.com) and the storage (controversially I have no cabinet, instead a vanity unit and two sleek black units I bought from amazon) and the plant.


And of course, the products! I didn't buy much at all (because, it may astound you to learn, I have quite a lot already) but I did get some new Function of beauty shampoo and conditioner. Why? Because you can choose the colour of course! I went with hot pink and it gives me joy to see those bottles. I was also gifted the delightful Ortiga shower gel which is a real treat.

I have one more bathroom to do. Again, I feel the need to explain I don't live in a mansion. The house is badly planned so there is a tiny ensuite shower room to the guest room. I've started a pinterest board because that 80% of time can't solely be filled with watching old episodes of The OC.

No comments:

Eyelash serums and other excitement

It's been a while hasn't it? I'd like to say it's because I have found all my desert island products and have nothing new to...