BB creams

One of my adoring fans asked me to investigate BB creams. Alright, it was my sister but hey ho, it was feedback and I like feedback.

BB creams are everywhere now. I must admit I was a little baffled as to what they actually are so I Googled and am informed that BB stands for Blemish Balm and are very popular in Asia. They were designed to protect skin after laser surgery. They are a moisturiser, foundation, sunblock and primer all in one. This is the part I am exceptionally dubious about.

I've seen loads of different brands at all prices but today I decided to dip my toe in the BB waters and go cheap with Superdrug which costs a princely £6.99 (£2 off at the moment). It comes in Medium and Light and I went for Light. I haven't properly experimented but did put some on half my face this afternoon to see if I could see a difference. And I really could, it actually does seem to cover up imperfections and make skin glow. I shall be properly experimenting this week and reporting back but early feedback is positive.

Have you tried a BB cream? Please share in the comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the garnier one. I didn't like it at first but I do now! I'm not sure the cheap western versions live up to the asian bb's

Allie said...

I've just started using the Superdrug one too, and I think it's fab. It really does give my skin an even tone and a nice glow, without being heavy or foundation-like. I use it over the top of my moisturiser because I still want the SPF that my moisturiser gives me, and it seems to work really well.

Cover Girl said...

The BB has SPF 15 in it. I don't know, I've gone off it having used it twice, it doesn't glide on very well. You can tell it's fairly cheap. I think I need the Dior one I read about... ;o)

Eyelash serums and other excitement

It's been a while hasn't it? I'd like to say it's because I have found all my desert island products and have nothing new to...