Shellac Nails


I've been meaning to try Shellac nail colour for a while now. In the last few weeks I've seen it in action on nails of friends who raved about it and today I decided it was time to take the plunge.

I was having my holiday pedicure (Marrakech since you ask) and decided to go for a Shellac manicure as the girl doing my feet was good. Quality is variable at my local nail salon. It costs £28 to have it done and they claim it lasts 21 days. We'll see. You also have to have the colour removed by the salon (any salon that does Shellac) as you can't take it off with regular nail polish remover.

21 days?! It's a level of commitment I find hard to cope with when it comes to choosing a colour and it took me an embarrassing long time to pick one. I dallied with a Barbie pink but was put in my place by being told that was too young for me. So I went for a classic dark red. Between each coat your nails are cured under a UV light. It does take quite a long time but at the end, the nails are rock hard. No gingerly putting your coat on and then annoyingly smudging a nail the minute you get home. They are also unfeasibly shiny.

The test now is how long they last as I am very sceptical about 21 days but I will, of course, keep you posted.

No comments:

Eyelash serums and other excitement

It's been a while hasn't it? I'd like to say it's because I have found all my desert island products and have nothing new to...