Sephora, Sephora, how I love you

I was in New York last week for work and it was pretty intense. However, the sun was shining and it was lunchtime and there is a huge Sephora opposite the office.

Why is there no Sephora over here? It's just HEAVEN. I was in there for an hour and seriously could have spent the whole afternoon. It's very cleverly designed. Some examples: they have nail bars, themed like Neon, so all the shades of neons from different ranges and you can do your own nails. No charge. They have stands of Top 10 products, for example, top 10 primers, top 10 mascaras, top 10 roll on perfume. This makes you look at a range you may overlook. It's brilliant marketing. The best bit is they leave you alone to play and explore. If you have questions, the assistants are there to help you but they don't hound you.

The main attraction for me was the Marc Jacobs make-up range.

It didn't disappoint. The nail varnish is gorgeous.

The packaging is divine. It's all lovely however I didn't buy anything. I know, you did read that correctly. It's expensive and you can't help feel you are paying for the packaging. Which I know is true of all high-end products but a combination of that and not actually needing anything restrained me.

I did however get a Smashbox eyeliner which I can tell you is fabulous. It's easy to apply, it stays on all day with absolutely no smudging.

I also picked up a Clinique super primer.

I am so disappointed in it. It's a very strange consistency and it's nothing special. I shall try again with it but it's not wowing me.

I am moving to New York at the end of October for six months and I feel that Sephora is going to get the bulk of my salary. They do a loyalty card though...


No comments:

Eyelash serums and other excitement

It's been a while hasn't it? I'd like to say it's because I have found all my desert island products and have nothing new to...