Dr Bronner liquid soap


Hello out there. I hope everyone has had a great summer. Mine has been very busy with theatre outings and weekends away. On one weekend away, I stayed with my old neighbour who now lives in Cardiff. While I was there, he raved about Dr Bronner's soap and how it's the only soap that doesn't irritate his skin as he is an eczema sufferer. He was so enthusiastic about it, he showed me his extensive collection so I could smell them all. Truly, he is a great friend for a reason and that reason is we can get excited sniffing liquid soap together.

I noted that said soap was not in my guest bathroom so I didn't get to sample it properly. However, the icing on the cake was when he said: "and you can buy it with Ocado." My middle-class heart sang with delight.

This stuff is wonderful. CoverBoy has sensitive skin and we had some rather unbecoming bottles of prescription soap in the bathroom. No more! I bought the peppermint Dr Bronner and we've not looked back. He declares it amazing and no irritation. It is refreshing but not aggressively so. It's very concentrated (despite being almost watery in texture) so you don't need much and on a hot summer's day, the peppermint is almost like a balm soothing your troubles away. I also bought the orange one which, while nice, doesn't please me quite so much. There is a flavour for everyone though, I want to try almond for the winter.

The marketing is a little too close to god for my liking but I can overlook that because it really is fabulous stuff. They claim you can use it to wash your clothes, brush your teeth (ummm, maybe if up a mountain and with no other choice), clean your house and so on. I am fine with simply using it to wash my body and highly recommend it.

No comments:

Eyelash serums and other excitement

It's been a while hasn't it? I'd like to say it's because I have found all my desert island products and have nothing new to...